1/2 cup French lentils
- 1/2 cup sprouted brown rice
- 4 cups water (or vegetable stock, divided)
- 6 radishes (cleaned)
- 3 medium carrots (peeled and cut into 4 inch pieces)
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 avocado (peeled, pitted and sliced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (flaked)
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- In medium saucepan, bring lentils and 3 cups water or vegetable stock to a boil. Simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Bring brown rice and 1 cup water or vegetable stock to a boil over high heat. Cover and reduce heat and cook 20-25 minutes, until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and toss with a fork, Allow to cool.
- Attach Fresh Prep Slicer/Shredder Attachment to KitchenAid® Stand Mixer, and attach slicing blade. Position large bowl under attachment to catch sliced ingredients. Stack radishes end to end in feed tube. Turn stand mixer to speed 5 and process until radishes are sliced.
- Remove slicing blade and attach medium shredding blade. Fill feed tube with carrots. Turn stand mixer to speed 8 and process until carrots are shredded.
- In large bowl, toss lentils, brown rice, radishes, carrots, arugula and parsley. Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Top with avocado slices. Sprinkle with sunflower and flax seeds and serve immediately.