Nagorno-Karabakh, SAEDNEWS, Dec. 28: Azerbaijan’s defence ministry says its army units were attacked by “an illegal Armenian armed group” in Nagorno-Karabakh, killing one Azerbaijani serviceman and wounding another.
The ministry said the attack took place in the Khojavend region on Sunday afternoon and was thwarted, leaving all six attackers dead.
“As a result of the attack, a soldier of the Azerbaijan army … was killed,” it said on Monday, noting that another serviceman was wounded but in stable condition.
The defence ministry vowed to take “decisive measures” if repeat attacks were carried out by Armenian troops.
The statement comes just hours after the Armenian Defence Ministry denied media reports of fighting in the neighbouring Hadrut region and said the ethnic Armenian forces in Nagorno-Karabakh were “strictly observing” the ceasefire.
Neither Armenian nor Nagorno-Karabakh officials have so far commented on Azerbaijan’s statement (Source: AlJazeera).